Plastic Bag Grab challenge
Plastic Bag Grab is back again for 2017!
Last year, 419 schools across Canada participated in the challenge and collected more than 2 million plastic bags, which were recycled into small pellets and used to make a variety of new products.
The challenge is back with more prizes and updated educational resources for your classroom! This year the challenge will run from Earth Day to World Environment Day so please take note of the changed dates below.
2017 Plastic Bag Grab challenge dates
Details on the 2017 prize categories coming soon!
Social Media Prize
Winning Schools By Province
Thank you to all the schools for participating!
Is your school a 2016 winner? We want to hear about your new environmental projects/initiatives! Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
How the Plastic Bag Grab challenge works
Elementary schools from across Canada are challenged to collect as many plastic bags as they can for recycling from Monday, May 29 to Friday, June 2. Schools that collect the most plastic bags for recycling per student and/or show their enthusiasm for the challenge and its message on social media, are eligible to win prizes to support environmental initiatives in their school or community.
- Students collect as many carry out plastic shopping bags as they can and bring them to school from Monday, May 29 to Friday, June 2.
- Count all the bags your school has collected and take a fun picture for your final submission.
- Using your registration information, log-in and submit your results at plasticbaggrab.com, which includes a photo of your collected plastic bags
- Bring your plastic bags to your local Walmart's customer service area for recycling
- All bags collected will be processed and used to make new products!